Q & A Session
MyPlus Students’ Club and EY
“I found the virtual seminars extremely useful and I am genuinely super grateful to the advice and support given by MyPlus which has really helped in terms of my confidence during my job search.” Conor, University of Strathclyde.
Our Q&A sessions provide an opportunity for students and graduates to access the expertise of Helen Cooke, CEO of MyPlus on a drop-in basis.
Helen, an expert in disability employment will be available for an hour to answer adhoc questions concerning job hunting and the additional challenges you may face as a result of your disability or health condition. Helen will also be joined by Beth MacDougall from EY’s Student Talent Attraction and Acquisition team; Beth is also the Deputy Co-Chair of EY’s Disability Network.
By dialling into this Q&A session you will have the opportunity to:
- Ask any questions you have
- Listen to the questions asked by others
- Listen and / or join in the discussions
This session provides a great opportunity to hear the types of questions, challenges and concerns others are facing and to learn from the advice provided.
The following are examples of the types of questions we will be answering. You can, however, ask any disability and employment related question and we will do our best to answer it!
- I have dyslexia – can I ask for additional/extra time during the recruitment process?
- How much information do I have to provide an employer about my disability?
- My degree was lower than expected due to managing my disability – how do I explain this to an employer?
- My disability is invisible, how do I explain this to a future employer?
“The Q&A was a great opportunity to ask for advice and I went away with a much clearer idea of how to draw up my own statement.” Student, LSE
Book your place now.
*This event is for students only.*