Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and high-energy work environment. Having a diverse workforce of people with different cultures, perspectives, abilities and experiences enables Accenture to compete effectively in the global marketplace.
A world-leading organisation, we provide consultancy and technology expertise to some of the biggest names in just about every industry you can imagine. Clients come to us to make more of their business opportunities, adapt successfully to change, put ideas into action and gain, or sustain a competitive edge. With our knowledge of the markets, understanding of the power of technology and ability to shape and implement transformational solutions, we do just that. Our workforce is made up of more than 449,000 people working in over 120 countries around the globe, and we partner with more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, driving innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. As a growing firm we need talented graduates like you to join us.
At Accenture, we believe each person has unique skills, talent and strengths to contribute. Our focus is to attract, retain, develop and advance the best talent in the world. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive environment that supports our people with disabilities and provides reasonable accommodations and accessibility so they can each perform at their full potential.
Did you know?
We respect each person's abilities and the value each brings to the organisation. We strive to ensure an inclusive, barrier-free, safe and secure work environment that supports Accenture people with disabilities, as well as those who may need special consideration to care for a loved one with a disability. We also strive to build awareness and understanding of issues faced by persons with disabilities by sponsoring networking, training and information sharing.
Networks are incredibly important at Accenture. As well as encouraging you to build your professional network while you're on a project, we also support a wide range of networking groups.
Check out our #InclusionStartsWithI campaign: https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/company-diversity
- Undergraduates Undergraduate There’s no need to wait. Our technology and consulting-focused internships and summer placements offer a flavour of what your future career could hold. Click the link to see all available programmes.
- What to expect? Most programmes involve working directly with our clients to define their challenges and deliver effective, lasting solutions. Accenture has office locations in Edinburgh, London, Manchester and Newcastle. On the website it will state which office location the programme is for. Please note, many of our roles require travel, so you must have the flexibility to do this as you may be expected to travel to client sites up to 100% of the time. You can also expect robust learning and development, from on-the-job learning through to structured training. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to take on real responsibility from day one.
- How do you apply? Many of our programmes have different application processes, so check the website for further details. Most cases will involve an application, followed by an online test and assessment day. At each stage of the recruitment process, you should expect to hear back within 5-10 days. Visit www.accenture.com/apply for more information.
- Graduate Opportunities All of our programmes come with a blend of intensive training and live project experience. You’ll get a comprehensive induction, and join a community of graduate peers and mentors to help you settle in. Your contribution will make a big difference to our clients and business, right from the start. If you’re about to graduate, then you can check out our programmes at: www.accenture.com/gradsoverview
- Like Us on Facebook ‘Like’ us and be the first to know our latest careers news and events, as well as get real first-hand insight into life here at Accenture in the UL.
- Graduate Blog To find out more about what it’s like to be one of our graduate joiners, including an insight into the day-to-day role, take a look at our graduate blog.
Tips for applying
We appreciate that applying for graduate jobs takes a long time and can be difficult. So we've pulled together some application hints and tips to help you along the way.
- Research Think outside of the box when it comes to research. Don't just visit our website, think about what else you can do. There a number of ways to research Accenture including following our social media channels, watching our webcasts and looking up employee profiles (plus many more!) to find out if we are right for you.
- Get involved We run multiple campaigns throughout the year, some of these include live events, others are virtual campaigns. Try to get involved, attend events, enter competitions, engage with us on social media. We also hold skype calls on our application process and attend hundreds of campus events every year!
- Patience Take your time with the application- don't rush it. Read through what is to be expected at each stage of the application and reach out to us where you would like reasonable adjustments. Take your time to cover the above points including research and getting involved with what we are offering. For more information: https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/careers/application-help?src=JBCAMP
When you start applying for graduate jobs, advice can seem to come from everywhere. But it's not always easy to decipher just what people mean or what employers really want from you. That's why we've gone a step further and created a series of short films that highlight the skills that we're looking for. We hope you find it useful.
Across our graduate programmes we look for a mix of competencies, some of which are outlined below.
- Problem Solving Consulting is all about solving problems for your clients and being adaptable and efficient when doing so. It's important to be able to articulate when you have demonstrated this skill, whether it has been at university, work or extra curricular activities.
- Analytical Ability Analytical skills can include being able to demonstrate an individual's ability to gather and review information, provide key findings and solutions, draft improvements and draw concise conclusions.
- Working collaboratively with others Working in teams is part of project work. We are looking for individuals who as well as working strongly independent can adapt to different teams and help to foster a healthy collaborative environment.
- Communication Communication skills can encompass a variety of different factions such as client interaction, teamwork, interpersonal skills, adapting to new working teams and written communication skills. Be honest about where your skills lie and showcase this through examples.
- Passion for Technology Some of our programmes require technical skills, but others do not. Although technical skills aren't a prerequisite for all of our programmes we are looking for a passion for the technology industry. You can showcase when and how your technology interest started and why you want to be part of this sector including trends and industry highlights.
We kindly ask that candidates share information whether they have a disability or long term health condition at the point of application to our recruitment team. It is important to emphasise that will not impact your application, it ensures that we can make adjustments required for you during the recruitment process to allow you to perform at your best.
We offer a variety of initiatives designed to support the specific needs of persons with disabilities in their area. We encourage the provision of reasonable accommodations, modifications or adjustments to a job or the work environment to assure that a qualified individual with a disability has rights and privileges in employment equal to those of employees without disabilities, to create an adaptable work environment.
To help our people with disabilities obtain any accommodation they need to do their jobs, we recently developed a tool that allows people to request assistive technology online for themselves or on behalf of a colleague. We also offer a number of programmes that help our employees balance a successful career with a range of health and welfare initiatives benefits including flexible work arrangements. There are multiple support networks available for employees including our Mental Health Allies Programme which is comprised of 450+ trained people from across the UK business at all levels to act as advocates and ambassadors carrying our messages on resilience, openness, support throughout the UK.
Sam Shires, Business/Strategy Consultant "Accenture invested time to assess the tools which could help me succeed and provided strategy coaching on techniques to help me overcome the things which I find hardest at work." Read more
Jenny Scott-Thompson, Technology Consulting Manager "Try and be open about your mental health with colleagues – most people are more supportive than you think, and it enables you to discover how much help there is out there." Read more
Mark Robins, Business & Technology Integration Senior Analyst "If you show enthusiasm for the role and the employer recognises that you have the potential to excel in the company, then they’ll hire you. It’s as simple as that!" Read more
Pete Grace, Service Delivery Manager "Accenture’s award winning Mental Health Allies programme has been a great contributor in spreading the word and breaking the stigma around mental health." Read more
Paul Clayton, Executive Assistant "It is true, there will be challenges, but there is normally a solution to most situations. At the same time, be honest with yourself and those you interact with. Take time to manage your career and don’t be afraid to look for challenges or step up to the mark, even if this might seem daunting in the first instance." Read more
Keith Wellington, Senior Principal "I became disabled in 2007 when I lost my right leg below the knee having earlier been diagnosed with type II diabetes." Read more
There are currently no jobs to display