The survey of 1,061 students found that 27% of students (male and female) reported mental health problems.
77% of these students said they had depression and 74% said they suffered with anxiety.
Alongside presenting challenges for the individuals themselves, universities are faced with their own battle to find the resources and best methods for supporting these students while they study.
Research has also shown that 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health condition in any given year, and progressive employers, like Barclays, EY and Accenture, are working hard to ensure mental health issues do not present unnecessary barriers to enjoying a fulfilling career.
You can find a host of articles on mental health topics right here on the MyPlus Students' Club website so please do take a look around.
- Mental health matters - which is why Accenture celebrate its importance
- Mental and Physical Illnesses Are Equal
- My Mental Health and University
- Depression: the start of my journey
- Working with depression and anxiety