Many recruiters use online testing as a way of screening applicants and reducing the number being taken through to the interview stage. There are various types of tests, these include but are not limited to numerical, verbal reasoning, logical and personality.
- Practice as much as possible prior to taking a test as part of the recruitment process.
- As a result of practising the tests, be clear what adjustments you are going to need and why.
Requiring An Adjustment Due To Your Disability
You must inform the recruiter of the adjustments you require prior to taking the tests; leaving it until afterwards is too late and you may not be given the opportunity to re-sit them.
- Be knowledgeable of what adjustments you will require in order that the tests are not a barrier to your success.
- Inform the recruiter as early as you can about the adjustments you will need.
Steps To Success
- Practice. Ensure you are prepared for the test you are going to sit.
- Request any required adjustments. Ensure you request the adjustments in plenty of time for them to be implemented.
- A quiet environment. Ensure you are somewhere quiet and not going to be interrupted for the duration of the test.
- Speed and accuracy. Both are both important in order to produce the optimal results of the test.