“Inclusion is so much more than just an absence of exclusion. It is a proactive, consistent and concerted effort to articulate that everyone is included, and to share our stories and experiences, so that everyone knows that they are welcome, and able to truly be their real selves at work.” - Tricia Driver (@TriciaDriver), UK Talent Diversity and Inclusion Lead
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
At Capgemini, we believe the factors that make people different are a source of innovation and creativity. They enable us to generate new ideas, anticipate market trends and be thought leaders in our chosen markets. We view diversity and inclusion as both a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity.
Capgemini is a committed and active member of the Business Disability Forum, Stonewall, and the gender and race campaigns of Business in the Community (BITC). As such, we participate in diversity benchmarking exercises and implement the resulting action plans. We believe that this is invaluable in driving our diversity agenda forward by helping us to identify our priorities and to ensure that we are working within best practice guidelines.
Did you know?
- Apprenticeships We hire apprentices for technical roles such as Software Developer, Cybersecurity and Technical Applications Consultant. Over your first few years, you’ll gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and projects. You’ll get the chance to develop skills in areas such as .NET/C#, Drupal/PHP, Microsoft, Java, SQL, Oracle, SAP, Cloudera and Hadoop. You’re also likely to work with cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Graduate Programmes Join our Capgemini Graduate Community and following an induction week, you’ll go straight into your first role, working on complex projects for big-name clients and helping to find solutions to their business critical needs. From then on, you will have the chance to work alongside and learn from experts in different industries and you’ll be able to make rapid progress along whichever path suits you best. Being a part of a Graduate Community will allow you to build your professional network, develop, share your knowledge, socialise and have fun.
- Insight Events and Recruitment Fairs Our events provide you with lots of information about the types of work we do and more information about our industry. Come and speak to our employees to get a real idea of what it is like working for Capgemini.
Create Your Professional Brand
LinkedIn and Twitter are just two of tools you can use to create your professional brand. They are your opportunity to tell your story to a really wide audience a great opportunity, so be careful how you use them!
Follow graduates, recruiters and experts in your chosen industry. This will help you to keep up with the current trends. Above all, don't be afraid to ask questions!
- Extra Curricular Don't just rely on your degree to get you through an interview or assessment centre. Charity work, extra courses (e.g. learning to code or programme) and keeping up with the current trends in the technology industry will make your application more attractive.
Tips for applying
“Our culture of Active Inclusion means that we all take personal responsibility for creating an inclusive organisation, supporting and enabling our colleagues to be their real selves at work. A huge part of that is having our employees share their own experiences, to help others understand their world a bit better.” - Laura Gardner (@la_gardner2702), UK Active Inclusion Team
- Be Positive “Living with a disability is challenging, it can also mean that you develop different skills and strengths that you can be proud of and positive about. Let this unique experience show on your application, don't let it hold you back.” - Anonymous, Capgemini Graduate
- Be Open “Don't be afraid that your disability will be a disadvantage. Let the team know at the earliest opportunity, it gives them every chance to provide you with the help and support you need.” - Anonymous, Capgemini Graduate
- Be Fair “We each have different experiences with disability, and we can all learn from one another. If you think there's something that could be approached differently let the organisation know.” - Anonymous, Capgemini Graduate
At Capgemini, we use strengths-based assessments. The strengths-based approach aims to be fresh, positive and engaging, and to offer genuine insights into candidates innate aptitudes. While competency-based interviews focus on what you can do, strengths-based interviews focus on what you like doing.
Below are just some of the strengths we view as being vital to our success and enjoyment at Capgemini:
- Personal Growth
- Collaborative Spirit
- Client Advocacy
It's incredibly important to us that all of our candidates are given a level playing field from which to perform during our assessment processes.
Therefore, if you have a disability of any kind, and would like to speak with someone in confidence either in advance of applying or when you've applied, about adjustments for the selection process, please contact our dedicated point of contact, Kerry Blondell (email@example.com or @kblondell), who will be able to support you. We will be guided by you in terms of the adjustments you need, and the information you provide will be treated in complete confidence.
What happens when you start working at Capgemini?
We provide continuous support in many ways:
- Asking you to complete a Workstation Assessment so that we can get your working environment right.
- Providing workplace adjustments where needed. Being members of organisations such as the Business Disability Forum and My Student Club, both of which give us access to resources to best support our people.
- We are certified as being a Disability Confident Employer
- Supporting you work out how you want to manage your disability at work (for example, a recent new starter with dyslexia asked us to support his manager by providing some training for his team about dyslexia).
- Flexible working is also something we promote at Capgemini.
- And much more...
Graduate Data and Analytics Consultant Read more
Graduate Insights and Data Consultant Read more
Graduate Salesforce Consultant – Functional Consultants & Technical Consultants Read more
Graduate SAP Applications Consultant Read more
Graduate SAP Technical Consultant Read more
Graduate Software Developer Read more
Graduate Test Consultant Read more